10 Apr 2015

ONFF-467 Balenberg


Call: OT4V/p
QSO's: 191
Date : 10-04-2015 
Operators: Danny
Location: Tremelo


Link naar Natuurpunt


Balenberg is also known as the “Sven Nys” hill, for those who follow off road cycling. My location for this activation was on top of this hill, 43m asl with around only flat areas …
Very strange conditions here, at my start arounf 6:00 UTC groundwave QSO’s on 40m were almost impossible. Most QSO’s had an average distance of +/- 2000 km. On 20m it was much better with two VK’s in the log : VK5SRV/M from his car and secondly Paul VK5PAS. Great to work those guys with very good signals. Listened for more VK but I think Down Under was asleep … a pity with this awesome conditions.
I tested also my new antenna : G5RV jtunior with homebrew RF choke. Worked fine, especially on 20m I improved my signal.
A second run on 40m was much better for the locals, groundwave did the job OK this time. Made also a few QSO’s on VHF and UHF and ended with 12 CW QSO’s on 30m. But still my excuses for my poor CW … still getting nervous from CW piel-ups.
Many thanks to brandnew HAM ON3FY David, for the excellent catering service and for taking some nice photo’s.  Thanks a million mate !

No comments:

Post a Comment