24 Mar 2015

ONFF-209 Weisetterbos - Nico de Bouvé

Call: OT4V/p
QSO's: 155
Date : 24-03-2015 
Operators: Danny
Location: Kampenhout



Celebration time did not last very long. Public transport in strike and an very bad traffic jam direction Brussels, the way to 209 …
When arrived in the area it was a hell of a job to find the nature park : ded-end streets, one-way streets etc made me coming about half an hour later than planned in the “Vogelzangstraat”. If you ever like to activate this one I might be your guide ! Not one sign to find refering to ‘Nico de Bouvé’ … only a small sign saying this is protected bird area from “DE Wielewaal” … that’s it. Already a bit stressed we started the activation.
The stress disappeared during running the pile-up, in the meantime watching playing rabbits just a few meters before me. This was also the first test for my new portable headset from Heil … needs some fine tuning but it worked.
Also an unicum is that I made a few CW QSO’s ! Very QRS, I’m getting nervous from CW pile-ups and my CW skills are not that good. But we did, something we will do also on next activations. My challenge for 2015 is to be able to manage a CW pile-up !
I ended with 155 QSO’s in 22 DXCC countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment